WELCOME HOME TO YOUR HEART!
A Transformational Retreat In The Sacred Valley of Peru
In The Heartland of The Incas
TBA for 2021
With Alan Waugh and Dianna Waugh
The focus for this exciting journey is on clearing your body of psychic and emotional toxins and conditioning, leaving space to bring in new dreams and life affirmations. This is not a journey for spiritual tourists but a journey for those willing and committed to move into the highest aspects of their being. This life changing experience to the navel of the Incan Empire, incorporates techniques that hail from both powerfully effective modern psycho-spiritual processes and ancient wisdom traditions.
This 10 day retreat includes 7 nights at the luxurious and exquisite Sacha Munay Retreat Facility near Calca and 2 nights in a beautiful monastery hotel near San Pedro Market in Cuzco. During this time you will be guided to dream in a new way of being, expertly assisted by the trip’s highly regarded healers, ceremonialists, and retreat facilitators – Alan and Dianna Waugh
- 10-day journey to the Sacred Valley- Peru
- 2 master plant medicine journeys of the sacred mother vine
- Breathwork ceremonies for clarity and cleansing
- Creation and wisdom teachings of Sacred Altar/Mesa. Participants deepen their relationship to the unseen realm by working with the hampi energy of the Incan & pre-Incan sites
- Shamanic Rituals, journeying, sound healing and ritualized earth honoring connections to allies of the land
- Rapé Ceremony to release unwanted thoughts and beliefs
- Temescal Ceremony for purification
- Supportive integration circles
- Deep bonding of sacred heartfelt community
- Beautiful and comfortable retreat center Sach’a Munay with private medicine lodge and beautiful grounds with waterfall
- Visits to Important Incan and pre-Inca sacred sites of Salineras, Moray, Ollantaytambo, Pisac and more
- Exploring the Pre Incan Capital of Cuzco and the ancient archeological grounds of Sacsahuayman
- Time for craft shopping in the colorful indigenous markets
Learn how ancient wisdom traditions have healed the energy body for millennia in a way western medicine and quantum physicists are only now just discovering.
Working with a combination of Sacred plant medicine and Rapé during the night, you will experience ceremonies that will take you deep into the mysterious and transformative world of these powerful plant teachers. The ceremonies can be uplifting and joy-filled, or deep and enticing and take participants to places deep within their psyche that need to be seen, acknowledged and purified.The ceremonies typically last 6 -7 hours and can involve some physical, emotional or psychic purging. However the ceremonies unfold for you, one thing is for sure: your life will never be the same again!
With over 40 years of combined experience, our retreat facilitators have the abundant skills you need to feel supported in taking a deep dive into your inner worlds and unleash the magic within.
Working as a yanantin – Alan and Jnana represent the complementary dualism of masculine and feminine in their work together as co-leaders.
PLEASE INQUIRE WITHIN! (Yourself!)
Are you ready to peel away your restrictive layering, to fully see and unashamedly be who you really are; a shining one and powerful channel of light, authenticity, and divine spiritual essence?
Are you willing to see that you already have everything you need to live life beyond your wildest dreams?
You will enjoy plenty of time to rest, absorb, reflect and connect as you soak up the sun on the lawn of our retreat center, or whilst walking the ancient paths in the Salt Terraces of Salineras or The Temple of the Sun in Ollantaytambo.
Honor your body with the delicious, nutritious and healthy menu, carefully tailored to support you through the special diet required to prepare your body for plant ceremony.
Deepen your self-awareness during our clarity breathwork sessions, or in one of our processing sessions that follow each ceremony.
Experience a release or an expansive opening as Jnana guides you into inner realms of the ukhupacha- the lower world. It is here you will explore your vast interior terrain and receive inner guidance to step into your full, shining self. This journey work will be skillfully offered as preparation work for the Sacred Medicine Journeys.
- Arrive Cusco am Drive to Sacha Munay via textile factory in Calca (provide snacks for breakfast)
- Arrive at Retreat Center. Relax, sharing and orientation. Lunch and Dinner
- Evening Despacho Ceremony to honor your gratitude to the nature spirits of the valley and welcoming you to your retreat experience.
- Visit to salt flats at Salineras and archeological site of Moray
Dyads with Alan and Jnana
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Bag lunch.
- Go to Pisaq in the morning for a visit to Sacred Site, as we commune with the elevated energies of this powerful portal.
- Walk to Indigenous Market in town center.
- Rapé ceremony in the afternoon back at Retreat Center.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Bag lunch.
- Plant medicine day.
- Consciousness Processes (journey work) with Jnana. Visit waterfall.
- Nightime Medicine Ceremony led by Alan, assisted by Jnana
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Post ceremony process circle with breathwork before lunch.
- Tour of Ollantaytambo with Ceremonial processes led by Jnana
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Sacred Plant Day. Consciousness Processes with Jnana
- Nightime medicine ceremony led by Alan, assisted by Jnana
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Post ceremony process circle with breathwork.
- Temescal after lunch. Free time
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Leave for Cusco after Breakfast. Check into Hotel.
- Explore city center. Visit San Pedro Market and Coricancha, the most sacred temple site of the Incas.
- Lunch and Dinner restaurant.
- Visit archaeological sites of Q’enqo and Saksahuayman.
- Ceremonial giveaway/ closing ceremony. Free time for shopping.
- Lunch and Dinner Restaurant. Celebration Dinner in Upscale Restaurant.
- After Breakfast leave for airport.
- Some of Group will leave for Machu Picchu with Jnana in the early morning.
- Alan will stay in Cusco to make sure everyone else gets off ok!
+ Additional time in Cusco not included in cost.
COST OF RETREAT
Costs: Prices below exclude airfare. Prices are per person
- Shared triple room $3083*/ $3383
- Shared Double Room $3305*/ $3605
- Single occupancy room (limited availability) $3638*/$3938
*Early bird price. Discount of $300 applies if deposit of $750 paid by cut off date of September 1, 2020. Deposit is non-refundable unless trip is cancelled by organizers.
PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
- Welcome orientation
- Hotel pick-up on November 22nd. All transportation in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley including the following
- 2 plant medicine ceremonies
- Accommodation (triple occupancy – surcharges for double or single) at Sacha Munay Lodge- Calca and Hotel Monasterio San Pedro- Cuzco.
- Rapé and Temescal ceremonies
- All meals during trip.
- Deepening connection to Mesa Altar and self.
- Excursions to Sacred Sites including admissions and guides (where needed)
- Meditations and Sharing /processing Circles
- Clarity breathwork sessions
- Learn about shamanic healing practices from Shamanic healer, Alan Waugh
Please note in this journey, we will be forming a group connection. We ask for a willingness for a full participation, although of course some activities are optional and we are very aware that fitness levels are different, especially at high altitude- (Cuzco is at 11,00 feet).
If you want a solo experience within the group this is not for you, although there will be opportunities for alone time; essential for integration and reflection. If you have difficulty with physically and mentally challenging and sometimes physically uncomfortable conditions, this is not for you. We also ask that you be a little bit flexible with itinerary. Peru has frequent short notice strikes that can change a lot of logistics. Although we will try to stick to the itinerary as much as possible, we ask that you come with a flexible attitude. The sacrament journeys WILL happen as planned!
Grandmother Vine Medicine
This powerful teacher tells you something personal about yourself and how you relate to the universe. Grandmother Vine allows you to see how choices you have made and experiences you have had, shape your world. Images can be fleeting and can change frequently, and during the ceremony one is more deeply involved with connection to the spirit world. This sacrament takes you out of the physical body where you may be taught by spirit or allows the opportunity to meet God/ Divinity. This work can be emotionally challenging at times and allows you to strengthen your spirit by facing fears and self-limiting beliefs. This medicine often includes physical purging (also known as ‘getting well’!). Ceremonies take place at night and ceremonial leaders are very involved in each aspect of the journey with use of medicine songs (icaros) and energetic cleanses. Journey 6 to 7 hours. Historical evidence that ‘She’ has been used as a sacrament for over 3000 years- from the jungle and rainforest of the Amazon basin.
Tobacco snuff is a sacred shamanic medicine, that has been used by tribes of the Amazon basin for thousands of years and is an essential part of their tribal culture and history. It is administered by being blown into the nostrils with special blowpipes called “Kuripe” or “Tepi” (another person administers).
The appearance of a Rapé is a grey- to sand coloured and is prepared by ceremonial pounding of Tobacco (N. rustica) and mixed with ashes from carefully selected medicinal trees which are often a secret to the individual tribe.
The Rapé is blown high up into the nostrils with a pipe made from bamboo or bone. The intense blow immediately focuses the mind, stops the chattering, and opens the mind to allow for a more expansive vine-sacrament ceremony.
Likewise, shamans use Rapé to re-align with their energy channels and to de-calcify their pineal gland. Moreover, Rapé stimulates the mind with its nicotinic content that in turn releases a.o. epinephrine, acetylcholine, and dopamine, supporting an increased focus, presence, and intuition.
Clarity Breathwork helps to activate the subconscious mind and bring awareness and insights not easily accessed through traditional therapy. Breath opens the energy channels in the body and allows what we have been holding onto to surface and be released. This may be suppressed emotional material, physical blocks in the body, old beliefs structures and identifications, old memories, fight/flight/freeze patterns, and addictions.
Clarity Breathwork combines counseling and insight as well as a somatic experiential process where clients gain a deep level of insight, release emotional baggage and actually feel the patterns shifting and transforming at a deep cellular level.
Alan is a certified Clarity Breathwork Practitioner, professionally trained facilitator who guides your breath in a way that enables the transformational process to occur. He also assists and supports you through the variety of feelings, thoughts, and body sensations you may experience during a session. Alan is highly skilled at helping you identify and trace complex issues in your life to their origins in your unconscious belief systems, emotions and nervous system.
We have found that sometimes in a session one may experience DMT being released from the pineal gland allowing for a powerful transcendent journey. Alan’s own experiences can be similar to those during a San Pedro Medicine journey.
Alan WaughAlan began studying the shamanic arts in the late 90’s under the guidance of Michael Harner and his organization, The Foundation for Shamanic Studies. While volunteering at the bedside of the dying during the height of the AIDS epidemic, Alan started to develop his shamanic skills as a healer. He helped ease the suffering during this critical time of a person’s earthwalk, assisting them to transition without fear and anxiety. He volunteered with the Zen Hospice Project in San Francisco, as a bedside caregiver for 20 years. Alan has studied with masters of various indigenous traditions but considers the maestro’s of the Peruvian rainforest, both human and spiritual, to be his greatest teachers and mentors. He has been studying with both Shipibo and Mestizo traditions since 2005 and is now working with a Teacher of The Huni Kuin Tribe of Brazil. Alan is a mesa carrier of the Pachakuti Mesa tradition, a powerful earth honoring practice developed by his beloved Peruvian teacher, don Oscar Miro – Quesada. Alan has been working full time as a shamanic healer, teacher and ceremonialist since 2006. He will be teaching healing techniques that incorporate energy healing, guided imagery and traditional shamanic healing practices. He is a professionally trained and certified Hypnotherapist, Reiki Master / Teacher and Clarity Breathwork Practitioner and is a highly regarded ceremonial leader and workshop leader. Alan offers deeply immersive healing retreats at his healing sanctuary in Mt Shasta, Northern California : the Sacred Valley Spiritual Retreat and has been guiding spiritual tours to Peru since 2013. He has had a deep connection to Peru since 1988 and spent many years traveling around Asia and South America, exploring ancient wisdom traditions. He moved from his home in London U.K. to California in 1990. The Sacred Valley Spiritual Retreat – SpiritWisdomHealing.com
Born with a load of fire and passion, Jnana’s healing work is infused with grounded insight and a strong dose of humor. Her deepest prayer is to share the magic and profound change that happens when engaging in simple acts of ritual and ceremony. As a ceremonialist, Jnana guides her clients and students to understand the Andean Principle of ayni, the Quechua term for sacred reciprocity. Ayni is the balanced exchange of energy with nature, humanity, and spirit, which opens people to transformation, and heartfelt kinship with the natural world.
Always a seeker, Jnana has found and pursued a variety of modalities to study spirit. These include: psychotherapy, plant medicine immersion with a Navajo Elder, intensive programs such as the Hoffman Institute, Rosen Method Bodywork, Reiki II Attunement, 12-step program, meditation courses, communication classes, many hatha yoga trainings, and a 3+ year apprenticeship with healer/author Mateo Magee.
Her seeking led her to the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition (PMT), an earth honoring tradition originated by her teacher, don Oscar Miro-Quesada. Through her path of service she became a Sanctioned Teacher of this Peruvian Tradition and leads others in an intensive 5 part apprenticeship. She is grateful to be of service and to witness the transformation in others as they deepen into themselves and their connection to the earth and spirit.
Balance Point Shamanism, Jnana’s healing space is in Albany California. Here she devotes her time to community events and private healing sessions thus keeping her in right alignment with her life’s purpose: to share the ancient lineage wisdom, beautiful processes and ceremony, and transmissions to other seekers. To learn more about Jnana and Balance Point Shamanism: www.balancepointshamanism.com